NASHVILLE, Tenn. (August 10, 2016) – The Gospel Music Association (GMA) announced today the nominees in 44 categories for the 47th Annual GMA Dove Awards. The awards show will take place on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at Lipscomb University’s Allen Arena in Nashville at 6:30 p.m. CST. Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) will exclusively air the awards show on Sunday, October 16, reaching over 100 million viewers in the U.S., plus global and multi-platform distribution. Voting for the final winners will run August 23 through August 30.
Lauren Daigle leads artist nominations with six, followed by Hillsong UNITED and Chris Tomlin with five. Anthony Brown, Bill Gaither, Danny Gokey, Jonathan McReynolds, Kirk Franklin, Matthew West and Tasha Cobbs tally four nods each. Songwriter Jason Ingram scores seven nods, including “Song of the Year.”
To see the full list of nominees, visit the Dove Awards website here.
GMA executive director Jackie Patillo, artists CeCe Winans and Jason Roy (Building 429) and radio personalities Wally from WAY-FM and Doug from the “Family Friendly Morning Show” participated in the nominee press conference from the campus of Lipscomb University.
“Congratulations to all of this year’s Dove Award nominees!” Patillo stated. “We celebrate the outstanding achievement, hard work and creative excellence you have poured into this life-changing music.”
Patillo continued, “Our theme this year is ‘Love. Amplified.,’ a phrase we believe encompasses the collective power & impact of our music. At a time when so much of the world is divided and hostility is in the air, we will turn up the volume of love and the hope that can only be found in Jesus Christ.”
TBN Chairman Matt Crouch said that the faith-and-family network is thrilled once again to serve as the exclusive broadcast partner for the GMA Dove Awards. “The Dove Awards set the standard for excellence in the field of Gospel and Christian music,” he said. “And as always, TBN is excited to share with our global audience this incredible evening honoring those who create the music that brings hope and changes lives.”
Source: Gospel Pundit
- The Gospel Insider – Sounds of Blackness - July 15, 2017
- Motion Graphics - June 14, 2017
- The Chicago Gospel Music Festival 2017 - June 6, 2017
- Communications and Development Position - April 4, 2017
- 32nd Annual Stellar Awards Nominations - January 17, 2017
- Origins of Hallelujah - January 13, 2017
- Gospel Great BeBe Winans Delivers His Story - January 12, 2017
- Chris Tomlin To Unite Church For Good Friday - January 12, 2017
- 5 Ways to Live the God-Centered Life - January 11, 2017
- The Genesis and Future of Worship - January 1, 2017