Communications and Development Position
The Gospel Live seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist development marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing and writing communications for a Christian media company. The intern for this position will need strong critical thinking skills and strong writing and organizational skills in order to integrate into our vibrant and passionate team who are very excited to share this exciting launch with an intern hoping to gain a ton of great business experience.
- Developing content for posting on all designated media outlets.
- Coordinates to help produce professional publications including verifying facts, clarifying information and gathering photos
- Supports planning and implementation of external communication activities including media events, sponsorships and donations and marketing and advertising.
- Create new marketing materials.
- Researching new channels for relevance/trend identification.
- Setting and maintaining social media accounts and daily activity.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field
- Graphic design experience will be considered a plus but not required for position.
- Understanding of how to develop business content for social media networks (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, You Tube, etc.)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Knowledge of WordPress a plus.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Interest in Christian Culture and Multimedia Experience
The above job description and qualifications are not meant to be all inclusive. Hours: 15 per week working remotely.
Must be able to attend team meetings in the City of Chicago.
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- The Gospel Insider – Sounds of Blackness - July 15, 2017
- Motion Graphics - June 14, 2017
- The Chicago Gospel Music Festival 2017 - June 6, 2017
- Communications and Development Position - April 4, 2017
- 32nd Annual Stellar Awards Nominations - January 17, 2017
- Origins of Hallelujah - January 13, 2017
- Gospel Great BeBe Winans Delivers His Story - January 12, 2017
- Chris Tomlin To Unite Church For Good Friday - January 12, 2017
- 5 Ways to Live the God-Centered Life - January 11, 2017
- The Genesis and Future of Worship - January 1, 2017