Music Curator Intern
The Gospel Live seeks a dynamic, self-starter to manage the curation of our music department. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of music suggestion and writing communications for a Christian media company. The intern for this position will need strong critical thinking skills and strong writing and organizational skills in order to integrate into our vibrant and passionate team who are very excited to share this exciting launch with an intern hoping to gain a ton of great business experience.
- Serve as The Gospel Live’s music expert.
- Updates and crafts playlists to promote new and upcoming quality music to our audience.
- Apply extensive music knowledge to create hand-curated experiences specifically for The Gospel Live’s unique audience.
- Use a deep understanding of Christian and Gospel music genres, subgenres, and microgenres to inform programming.
- Manages new music section of the gospel live, writing short descriptions and labeling each new album respectively.
- Writing music reviews for key artists with a christian perspective.
- Use a combination of good judgment and data to identify and execute on opportunities to create new playlists and stations.
- Enact a plan to improve existing programmed content through regular updates.
- Establish goals for increased engagement and, working with your manager, generate a plan to achieve those goals.
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Results oriented
- Flexible and nimble, able to swiftly react to a shifting landscape
- Knowledge of current trends and history in both music and the music industry
- Ability to set aside personal biases to create content for a specific audience without ego
The above job description and qualifications are not meant to be all inclusive. Hours: 12 per week working remotely.
Must be able to attend team meetings in the City of Chicago.
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- The Joseph Journey - September 30, 2017
- The Gospel Insider – Grover Dubose - August 19, 2017
- The Gospel Insider – Henry Hall & New Dimension - August 14, 2017
- The Gospel Insider – Dana Sorey - August 5, 2017
- The Gospel Insider – Michelle Prather - July 29, 2017
- Video Editor - July 26, 2017
- The Gospel Insider – Megafest 2017 - July 8, 2017
- The Gospel Insider – Gerard Bonner - July 1, 2017
- Clifton Ross III with the Gospel Live - April 6, 2017
- Advertising Sales Position - April 4, 2017