Entertainment executive Phil Thornton has been appointed Senior Vice President and General Manager of RCA Inspiration. The announcement comes just days after the label announced its move from NYC to Nashville, to operate under the Provident Music Group umbrella.
As reported by Billboard Magazine this morning, “Thornton will oversee daily initiatives and manage business operations for RCA Inspiration, as well as establish external partnerships.”
Says Thornton, “I see great opportunities for RCA Inspiration as we create synergies with Provident Music Group’s multiple divisions.”
Until very recently, Thornton served as VP/GM of Urban Inspirational at Entertainment One, where for four years, he helped to guide the careers of multiple chart-topping artists. Prior to that, he established Ten2One Entertainment, a multimedia television production and artist management firm. Management clients included Faith Evans, Michelle Williams, Kenny Lattimore and Mack Wilds. Thornton also executive produced the TV One series R&B Divas Atlanta and its spinoff R&B Divas L.A. He still serves as executive producer of BET’s It’s a Mann’s World, which stars David and Tamela Mann.
Read the full Billboard article here.
Congrats to Phil Thornton!
Source: Gospel Pundit
- The Gospel Insider – Sounds of Blackness - July 15, 2017
- Motion Graphics Internship - June 14, 2017
- The Chicago Gospel Music Festival 2017 - June 6, 2017
- Communications and Development Position - April 4, 2017
- 32nd Annual Stellar Awards Nominations - January 17, 2017
- Origins of Hallelujah - January 13, 2017
- Gospel Great BeBe Winans Delivers His Story - January 12, 2017
- Chris Tomlin To Unite Church For Good Friday - January 12, 2017
- 5 Ways to Live the God-Centered Life - January 11, 2017
- The Genesis and Future of Worship - January 1, 2017